Date And Time
Wed, October 28, 2020
7:30 PM – 9:30 PM GMT
About this Event
An evening of exploring the use of mechanical movement in card making hosted by artist and educator Loulou Cousin.
Loulou says ” I think that art and craft may have been the thing that’s kept me sane throughout life. It brings me such joy. That and a childish sense of humour. These come together at times when I make stuff”
In this workshop loulou will be showing examples of her mechanical cards and will guide you through the process of making your own. A simple one and then a more challenging one. The possibilitiesof humour with both card designs are boundless and we will explore that aspect too.
This workshop will be informal and funny, we will be working on ways to bring laughter and humour into our work. Some aspects of the humour may be childish, some may be rude. It is safe to say this workshop may not be suitable for children or those easily offended!
To fully participate in this workshop you will need
* a cutting mat, or at a push a clean kitchen chopping board
* Scalpel or quality cutting tool
*300 gsm craft card, but if you are on a budget, I often use cereal boxes
*5mm split pin paper fasteners
* bradel or sharp object to make holes in the card
* pencil, rubber and fineline pen
* sticky fixers (double sided sticky tape with a thin spongy layer)
* paper scissors
* Acrylic paint pens, a little expensive but worth the extra, or a selection of coloured paints or coloured pens.