Date And Time
7:30 PM – 9:30 PM GMT
About this Event
Worried you won’t be able to make it to the shops to buy your loved one something special for Valentines day?
Worry no further! We at the Virtual Thread have the perfect stitchy solution.
On Wednesday 10th Feb Jane Grimshaw will be leading a zoom workshop teaching you how to make textile art love tokens
The workshop is a friendly and informal place for everyone from the novice stitcher to the seriously obsessed. We chat, we laugh, we make connections and have fun whilst creating objects of wonder and beauty.
Jane is highly trained in the art of wielding needles and pins. She comes from a long line of tailors that goes back three centuries. When not delivering online sewing workshops to the discerning masses, Jane makes costumes for stage productions in London’s glamourous West End, for the likes of the Phantom of the Opera and Lion King. You’ll also have seen her work on many films and television series. Teaching is in Jane’s blood: she has taught pattern cutting and costume construction in higher education for more than 25 years.
* fabric scraps and a larger piece of base fabric, aprox 10″ or 25cm square
* ribbon , a short length to use as a hanging loop
* a handfull of toy stuffing, though this isn’t totally necessacary.
*scraps of lace, ribbon, braid, trim, interesting patterned fabrics
* buttons, beads, bits of broken jewlwery.
*needles and pins
* Embroidery threads, or coloured threads if you don’t have embroidery ones.